After she suffers a broken heart, an evil persona emerges in the beautiful, sexy MeKeisha. Becoming unstable, MeKeisha develops an unhealthy obsession with her naïve best friends’ boyfriend. When a crisis occurs, MeKeisha uses the opportunity to commit the ultimate betrayal, going on a trail of backstabbing and deceit, stopping at nothing to get what she wants. Seeing her childhood friends Sha’Lena and Dominique achieve their dreams of musical stardom only adds fuel to the fire and MeKeisha’s jealousy soon boils over. One girl’s life will be tragically cut short. Will the remaining friends find the courage to end this deadly friendship, or will MeKeisha get caught up in her own web of deception?
About the Author
Cherlina Works resides in Saginaw, MI with her family. Her debut novel, Nothing Can Come Between Us received the Princeton Literary Review Bronze Standard for Literary Excellence. She is the self-published author of Jewel’s Magical Christmas. She is currently working on her sophomore novel, Dirty Double Dealings.
The night we spent at Dominique’s house was restless. I was glad when morning came. I decided to get up early and make breakfast for everyone. After doing my morning routine, I decided to make pancakes, bacon, and egg for everyone. De’Andre was the first to arrive in the kitchen.
“Hey, MeKeisha. Good morning. Thanks for making breakfast. I know Dominique won’t be in the mood to make it.”
I held on to De’Andre tightly, giving him plenty of opportunity to look at my cleavage. He backed up abruptly. I stepped up to him again and began whispering.
“Don’t worry. Sha’Lena and Dominique are still asleep. I won’t tell either one of them.” He looked at me like I had crawled from under a rock.
“What’s the matter with you, MeKeisha? You know Sha’Lena’s my girl”.
“I know Sha’Lena’s your girl. But that doesn’t mean that we can’t snuggle up together. I’m still feeling anxious after listening to Jordon’s message over the answering machine.”
De’Andre returned my embrace. I slipped my hands up under his pajamas and rubbed his chest. This felt better than being in LaMar’s arms.
“We better stop before Sha’Lena and Dominique wake up.”
“Stop what? We haven’t done anything. Yet. Let’s finish later on when we don’t have to worry about being interrupted.
Author Q & A
- What inspired “Nothing Can Come Between Us”? I have always wanted to write a book. After reading tons of books, I read “Baby Momma Drama” by Carl Weber. His writing style impressed me a great deal and I decided to give writing a try.
- What genre is easiest to write and why? Urban fiction is the easiest for me to write because, to me, ideas seem to come to mind faster. I also write children’s books and that is a little harder since you have to think like a child and come up with ideas that would interest children.
- How would you inspire others that would want to write a book? Well, first of all, the most important thing is to never give up. It definitely won’t happen if you give up. Things like writers’ block, lack of ideas, not being able to concentrate, and of course, people who will try to tell you that you can’t make it, don’t let any of that deter you. I would tell them that I did it, and you can do it too.
- How do you feel about negative reviews? Sometimes negative reviews can hurt, but they can also be used as constructive criticism. You should never let negative reviews get in the way of your goals.
- How would you feel if someone gets mad because they think that a character in your novel is really them? I would be a little hurt because I would never invade someone’s privacy. So, even if someone gives me an idea and says that I can use it in my novel, I’m not going to use it. After all, unless we are co-writing it, the ideas should all be mine.
6. How did you feel when you saw your name on the cover of your book for the first time? It was like being on a roller coaster, so thrilling and exciting. I just couldn’t stop smiling. It was a euphoric feeling.
- How do you feel about writing? I’m very passionate about writing. I think of writing as a way of bringing my hopes, thoughts, and dreams to life. I feel blessed that God gave me this gift of writing. Hundreds of people have seen my work, and hopefully that number will become millions.
Find the Book
Book Trailer – www.youtubenothingcancomebetweenuscherlinaworks