Shawn “Duece” Grimes is one of Richmond’s biggest drug dealers. His hurtful past has fueled an evil side that only money, women and rising power can satisfy.
Taryn Jackson born and raised in suburban Richmond is no stranger to the hardships of life. The product of a single parent household, Taryn has dreams of leaving the ghost of her hurtful past behind, when she meets Shawn or “Duece” to the streets. Shawn is everything that Taryn wants in a man except for one major problem, Reina his lavish and flamboyant side chick. Reina makes it very clear that she will stop at nothing to make sure that the baddest baller stays in her clutches no matter the cost.
His Duece will take you into the lives of three memorable characters who find love at any cost with a twisted ending that will keep the reader wanting more.
Deuce and Taryn got in their cars both going in different directions. Taryn hopped on the highway and Deuce cut through the city. The quiet storm played softly in the background of both of their cars as they drove to different destinations. Deuce thought about Taryn for a moment. She was totally different than what he was used to. A woman like that could make him settle down for real. Naw, never that, there were too many women out there and right now ten occupied his time. He could say that baby girl definitely had potential though. Taryn filled her ears with Lauren Hills killing me softly while riding down the highway. Shawn was different. He was street yeah, but behind all of that she saw something more. When she looked into his eyes so much was revealed. She was definitely intrigued. She knew one thing for sure he was the kind of man that she had to guard her feelings from. Men like him didn’t care about women or their feelings. She wouldn’t let herself be hurt especially when it was something that she could control.
Alicia Johnson began writing at a young age. She wrote her first short story in the first grade, winning
her a school literary award. She continued writing throughout school , joining her high school
newspaper team. Alicia shared her first gossip column in the high school newspaper with a friend where
teens could have life questions answered through the column.
During her adult life Alicia set writing aside temporarily to pursue her career and other passions
including the rhinestone shirt business that she and her husband own together, named Precious
Dezigns. Their motto is, “If you can think it, we can BLING IT”.
Alicia and her husband currently live in Richmond, VA and have four children. She began writing again
in 2009 with “His Deuce” during a stressful time in her life. It was during this time that she found and
renewed her relationship with Jesus Christ. While not writing Alicia is also pursuing her degree in
Psychology, minoring in Christian Counseling from Liberty University.
Get to know Alicia:
1. How many kids do you have? I have four children ages 15, 8, 5, and 3 months.
2. How long have you been married? I have been to my wonderful husband for 4½ years.
3. How do you keep a balance between writing, running a business and family? Honestly I don’t. (lol) I have so much to do all of the time that I wear myself out sometimes trying to everything and make sure everyone is taken care of. But overall I wouldn’t trade my life for the world.
4. What is are some of your interest outside of writing? I enjoy reading other authors novels and working my rhinestone shirt business.
5. How old are you? I am 33 years old.
6. What made you write a book? I have dreamed of writing a book for years. I felt like I had a story in me that needed to be told. This book really challenged me on so many levels.
7. Are any of your characters based on real life? Actually I pulled a lot of personality from myself and my husband to form Deuce and Taryn.