Sunny, a young attractive choreographer, is attempting to make a name in the industry. Upon attending a youth basketball game she has a chance encounter with DeVe, an entertainment manager looking to manage the next star on the horizon. The two women decide to become partners on the way to the top and over time they become friends. Besides being young and naive in the entertainment industry, Sunny and DeVe have one other thing in common which can be an asset as well as a hindrance. They are both very gorgeous woman in an industry that sees them as nothing more than sex objects to be dismissed when real business is being discussed. During their rise to the top, both women face issues in the industry that seems to be more and more cut throat, so that is what they must become to gain respect. Issues come about as they try to stay consistent in their careers and at the same time hold on to their personal relationships. From the pen of Ni’cola comes a story of two determined women who must manage their careers alongside their personal lives. During this journey, each woman experiences love and lost, heart-ache and pain, judgments and labels, as they find out that love is not the factor that walks away, people do.
- What does DeVe’ do for living?
- Where does DeVe’ and Sunny meet?
- Who suggests for DeVe’ and Sunny to work together?
- Where does the story take place?
- Who is Bernard, and what does he do?
- Does anyone die in this story?
- Who’s house was DeVe’ parked outside of?
Quotes from the book:
- In relationships you have to accept the good with the bad. No man is perfect.
- Rich’s text message: you are pushing me away, I don’t know how else to handle but give space, my friends were right
- Is it not for you to be able to love and be loved? STOP THIS SHIT, GIRL! STOP!”
- She had Bernard’s sexy f-i-n-e butt chasing her all over Philadelphia trying to be back with her and have his “family” back
Buy the book:
Barnes and Noble: http://bit.ly/XqgWyR
Google Play: http://bit.ly/WZKMJF